If you had to give up either the internet or television for the next two weeks, which one would you choose? Explain, please.
You're kidding right? I could easily do without television. With all the podcasts and internet shows I watch there isn't much I would miss. Plus i can those few shows online anyway.
The three times I've moved I've always had the internet up and running hours to days before the cable or satellite.
The holidays are right around the corner, which means gift-giving (and buying) season is upon us. When do you usually purchase your gifts? What are the benefits/disadvantages of buying when you do?
Sponsored by Best Buy.
Usually later than sooner. It's usually a mad dash at the end since I'm never shopping by myself and have to wait for alone time to shop for my wife.
How did you create your username for VOX? What influenced your decision?
Submitted by Strive2Be.
grantalias is my unified online persona I've been using for 5, 6 years so it made sense to use it here on VOX.
grantalias came about because I wanted to get a new hotmail account years ago since my breakerhigh (yes that Breakerhigh) account was getting spammed to death. So my name is Grant and I was reading the Marvel series Alias at the time. The rest is google indexed history.
Alarm clock aside, what is the first gadget you use in the morning?
I saw this over on Majicke's VOX and had to answer it.
My iPod Touch of course. I usually fall asleep with it in bed reading VOX (unfortunately I cannot post directly to VOX or leave comments on neighbors posts), news sites or checking my Facebook. So it's right there in the morning. I first check my email then all my sites all over again.
What's your musical horoscope? (Put your player on shuffle and write down the first 10 songs that come up.)
- The Way I Feel Inside – Zombies – The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou Soundtrack
- Saving Metroville – Michael Giacchino – The Incredibles Soundtrack
- 1-10 – John Barrowman – Torchwood – Another Life
- Square One – Coldplay – X&Y
- You Dont Know My Name – Alicia Keys – Billboard Top 100 of 2004
- Prophet 15 – Supergrass – Life on Other Planets
- The Old Apartment – Barenaked Ladies – Disc 1- All Their Greatest Hits (1991-2001)
- Refugee – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers – Greatest Hits
- Wide Open – The Crystal Method – Legion Of Boom
- I Think I Started A Trend – Brad Sucks – I Don't Know What I'm Doing
Music-wise, what was the first 45, single or download you bought?
Submitted by Paddy Melt Wagon.
This was the first single I bought. I got it at Zellers on a cassette. It's funny how you get different things out the of the same song at different points in you life.
What did you do as a child that you feel guilty about even to this day?
Pretty much everything. It's a Catholic thing. ;-). And no Mom it's not you fault so don't feel bad. Ok?
Off the top of my head…
- The time I broke my dad's mirror clock.
- Step on and broke my sister's retainer that had been left on the kitchen floor.